Iosif Bena (IPhT)
Sheer El-Showk (IPhT)
The goal of these lectures will be to explain the progress made in studying BHs in the context of string theory with a particular focus on addressing issues such as information loss and BH entropy. The general outline of the lectures will be as follows:
- Black holes from D-branes in string theory & supergravity.
- BH entropy via D-branes: Strominger-Vafa, Maldacena-Strominger-Witten.
- AdS/CFT description of black holes.
- Information paradox within string theory & AdS-CFT.
- Fuzzballs and BH Hair: multicenter solutions.
- BPS/non-BPS fuzzballs.
- Macroscopic quantum effects and horizon-scale non-locality.